Friday, October 16, 2009

The World Without you

The world without you seems so quiet; so still; so lonely. I found myself in flight mode today, feeling panicky - I wanted desperately to pick up the phone and call you. There is so much going in my life right now, things that we would normally be talking non stop about. You would be giving me your wanted and unwanted advice. Then I'd sit back and listen to all going in in your life. We would probably be doing all of this at least once at City Range over a dirty martini. I actually thought about going there by myself today to have one just for us but I didn't think I could hold it together. I look around me and everyone seems to be getting on with their day to day as though nothing has happened. Life just moves on. And while I know that it must, for me, the world seems terribly empty today without you. I find it hard. So, I go shopping. Sometimes it's just window shopping, today it was pet clothes shopping. Mostly mindless shopping, something that keeps me moving and not missing my friend. I miss you Cynthia. The world is not the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment