Wednesday, October 14, 2009

It Seems Like Yesterday

It seems like yesterday that she waltzed up to me in the school admissions office. "Hi, What's your name?" I'm Cynthia!" "I'm engaged!", as she threw out her hand for me to see her ring. We went on to discover we were both enrolled in the nursing program. We would be taking the same classes together and I honestly don't think, not only did I not get many words in, but she never shut up! She was so full of life, sunshine and smiles. She was absolutely beautiful and just the way she interacted with everyone around her, and I mean everyone, was fun to watch. People were drawn to her. You found yourself smiling both in amusement and amazement. She became the flamboyant one, I was the quiet "studious" one. We were 18 years old and beginning a friendship, closer than sisters,  that would span a total of 37 years, 5 husbands, 6 children, 3 step-children, 10 grandchildren and 3 very special bichon frieses.   An friendship of a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment