Monday, January 24, 2011

I Hate It When They Say That

      I hate it when someone who only knew you as an acquaintance or socially, says to me "Well, I'm sure that's what she would want". Really? And how, pray tell would they know! They did not know you, other than superficially. They did not know how you thought, felt about yourself, your kids, your career, your marriage, your pain. They have no clue about the deep, soul baring conversations we had nearly every other day for the last 30 plus years! How dare they!
     I know, when I can step back from it, for a moment, that they are only trying to comfort me. They don't know what else to say. So, they use cliches. Well, here's a clue for future reference. Don't say it. It makes my blood boil! It pisses me off! It is not comforting! It's presumptuous and it makes me want to slap the shit out of you. It's better to say nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment