Saturday, October 24, 2009

Among Friends

You were among friends today. Old friends. Friends from Same Day Surgery. Diane, Kim and Sherry met me for lunch today. It was so good to see all of them. I brought them pictures of you from Rachael's wedding to show them and we talked about you. It was nostalgic and made me remember so many times and events, in my mind. Hiring you, my best friend, was probably not the best decision I ever made. It is difficult to supervise your best friend. You, it was nearly impossible! I am smiling as I write this remembering the time I brought you and Jeanie in to reprimand you and told you both you either had to "ship up or shape out!" I remember all three of us just losing it in laughter at me screwing that up! Hard to keep your credibility up as a manager when you can't even scold someone without talking backwards! You were at times a pain in the ass but I never wanted you to work anywhere else. You were a good nurse. You were liked by all. You did a good job. You were missed today among friends.

1 comment: