Saturday, January 2, 2010

My Mom Didn't Use That Word!

I started the year off ranting , just a little. Could have been a lot more; there's a lot more material/things going on in this world, mine and the larger, broader "world" to rant about. Things that I know you, my very best friend would appreciate. I know I need to bring it down a notch, after all, we're not even 2 days in to the new year; but I can't help but smile remembering how it would have been had you been hear with me. Oh, the fun we would have had! The ranting we would have done! The F bombs we would have thrown around! The martini's we would have shared! I laugh when I think about that, specifically, because when you were in the hospital, your daughter and I were walking, arm and arm down the hall, and I said, "I can see Cynthia now stomping her feeting, hand on hip, going "Well fuck me!" And your precious daughter got this shocked look on her face and said, I swear to you, "My Mom didn't use that word". I just as shocked, burst out laughing, along with your son, who knew better, and said "What Cynthia did you know?" We all had the biggest laugh and swapped quite a few stories about you over the next few hours, as we waited and waited and waited. Even then, I knew what the end result was going to be; I knew the moment I walked in your room that night; But for a little while, the stories of our rantings provided memories of laughter and something special for the three of us to share. It's not much fun ranting alone. Maybe I'll do something different beginning this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment