Monday, December 20, 2010

If Men Only Knew

Oh My God! I would almost go and lie down beside you on the lawn of the cemetery just to talk to you and vent my frustration! I'm sure they might call out the cops and haul me away to the closest loony bin but for the love of God! I need some conversation with another adult that does not take everything as being critical, bitchy, nagging, intimidating or ARRGH! OVER REACTING!!!!!

What is it with the male species that simply prevents them from communicating like..., well like women... like we did! I don't want anything or anyone fixed! I might be complaining, slightly, but only to vent. I just want him to listen. LISTEN!

We were great listeners. We knew when to shut up and when to speak up. We knew how to commiserate and how and when to offer advice. We didn't take things personally. We just took them for each other. We helped each other by simply being there, sharing a drink, an occasional hug or pat, murmurs of "I'm here, I've got your back", or whatever and the best pair of ears in the world. When we were done, our burden, however small or large was lifted or shared. Never judged.

Men have no idea what they are missing or the key that they hold!

No comments:

Post a Comment